Thursday, July 23, 2009

Why is it called One Couch?

The picture in the header is the photo which appeared on my daughter's Christmas card - the card that inspired this whole thing!

As I looked at my beautiful grandchildren, I could see all the fun, all the mischief, all the dreams, all the personality of the kids. I knew that the quilt couldn't be an ordinary quilt, one that just was a photo of them. But, it had to be wild and crazy, it had to be fun and make you smile.

When I looked at the picture, I saw all that fun and it popped into my head "what does one couch plus six kids equal?" - and so that became the name of the quilt.

I found a really fun font to make the title of the quilt, and my friend, Deanna made mold for the buttons for me.

The answers to that question will be alpha beads sewn all over. If you have suggestions, for answers - let me know!

So what does the rest of the quilt look like............................