Thursday, July 23, 2009

more details on the "1 couch + 6 kids = ?"

Diana about fainted when I told her that I was going to put the kids in crazy color clothes, and change the background, etc. She had worked so hard to make a fantastic photo (think she accomplished that - don't you? She always does, and it is not just a mother speaking - she gets rave reviews from all her clients), Anyway, back to topic.

I wanted to put the kids in clothing that would help reflect their passions. For instance, Isabel loves all things Chinese and loves art. So, I plan to put her in a little Chinese outfit, and use a couple small paint brushes to hold up her hair bun.

It was interesting coming up with ways to represent all their interests. Especially when Damon is barely 3, and doesn't seem to have many interests yet.

I had all the kids draw their dreams of what they want to be when they grow up. That was interesting. I got a few surprises.

I will float the couch on a cloud (instead of being in the middle of a field as in the pic), and will put wonky star blocks in the borders. The kids' drawings will float above their heads...............